Now in crafting its Race Day. My current challenges are as follows:
1. Create a worthy submission for the Iron Crafter Challenge at Fireflies and Jelly Beans. (I have my idea!)
2. Make a tricycle diaper cake for a shower gift.
3. Design a communion centerpiece and party favors for the cutest baby I know.
4. Create a shower gift for my neighbors first Granddaughter (I have the best neighbors EVER!)
5. Make my daughter a dress and a nightgown for her 8th birthday!
I finished one of my challenges. I have been invited to the Baby Shower for my neighbors granddaughter.. since she has forbidden me to spend any money on a gift I had to dig into my stock and pull out a project. Here is a tutorial on how to make a Butterfly memo board! Hope you like it!
First I started with the memo board. It is a plain one with an unfinished wood frame. I painted mine pink.
Then I used a cereal box to make myself a template of butterflies in different sizes. I cut them out of scrapbook paper (doublesided).
I picked out the letters in my case.. Kailey Madison and then folded each of the butterflies so that they would look like they were in flight. I added glue to the letters and pasted them onto the board.
Voila! Baby shower gift made from items I had kicking around the house. Sometimes being a craft hoarder really pays off!
Wish me luck in my upcoming challenges.