Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Upcycled Valentine Shirt... For Me!

Ok.. I admit it.. I am a turtleneck loving girl!  They may not be the most seductive piece of clothing but.. I am always cold and I find them sooo comfortable.. not to mention warm.  But I thought for V-day that something a bit more sexxy would be in order..
So I took this old gray turtleneck
 that doesn't really fit well and mixed it with this striped
V-neck 
and myself a new cute  V-neck heart shirt!

Here's how I made it!
First I cut a heart template on my Cricut.
Then I pinned it to the sweater.
Next I cut out my hearts.
Then I pinned them onto my striped shirt.
Since I am not great with a sewing machine I hand sewed my hearts onto my V-neck shirt.
Here it is all sewed and ready to wear until
I added a cute little heart onto the big heart.
And here is me wearing my new shirt!
Please excuse my self portraits.. my photographer today really sucked!  I think I need to fire her.. and she can forget about a paycheck!
I am sharing with
It's Overflowing



{Junk in their Trunk}



A Couple of Craft Addicts





Love,
Pinkapotamus

11 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea!!!!!!! visiting from 733

    http://maddisworldcrafts.blogspot.com/

    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!!! It's a super cute shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your blog via the Linky Follower Blog Hop. Very cute shirt, great idea. I am now your new Linky Follower hope you can visit and follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from the Linky Follower Party Hop. I am following you and hope you will come over and do the same.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shirt. Just stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. I hope you will visit www.laughterandgrace.com and follow back.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING! This turned out FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute shirt! You see so many children holiday clothing ideas...it's nice to see something for adults too! Thanks for sharing at A Couple of Craft Addicts!

    ReplyDelete