Thursday, December 13, 2012

Vintage STYLE Shadowbox Ornaments

I love me some vintage Christmas!
Pin It
  So when I saw these super cute bad boys 
ON SALE at Joann's for 60% off I knew I HAD to have them!
Want to see what I made with them?  Of course you do!....
Vintage Style Shadowbox Ornaments
Want to make some?  Here's what you need
Christmas figures (any kind as long as they are small)
Paper Mache boxes
Acrylic paint
Mod Podge
Glitter
Poly fil (for snow!)
Hot Glue and Gun
Start by painting the interior of your boxes.  I used blue cause it seemed outdoorsy!
Next paint the exterior.  I used red and green cause they seemed festive!
Then heat up your glue gun and hot glue some snow to the bottom. 
Then glue in your Christmas figures.
Add some Mod Podge and glitter the heck out of these babies cause Christmas needs sparkle! 
Last add a ribbon and a bow 
and hang it on your tree!
I made four of them.. the snowman above.. 
A winter gate
Kids and a pig
And some sledders!
I am sharing with
Ivy and Elephants

Love,
Pinkapotamus

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! What a great craft idea or way to customize a tree. My mind is whirling with the possibilities. Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you can link with us, we'd love to have you!
    Hugs and happy holidays,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! I would love to have you stop by Share IT Saturday to link up your ideas.

    http://www.teachbesideme.com/2012/12/share-it-saturday.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one with the kids and the pig! So creative Amie! I will be looking at those little figures in a whole new way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful, Aime! I would love it if you would stop by my weekly link party and link these up. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-21.html

    ReplyDelete