Friday, January 18, 2013

DIY Mod Podge Valentine Suitcase!

Pin It
Guess what I made this out of?
Yup.. 
An OLD Cereal Box!
Here's what you NEED to make one!
Cereal Box
Paper Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper
Glue Stick 
Twine
Ribbon
optional: 
Pom Poms
Cutting tool
Cricut 
Start by turning your cereal box inside out so that the interior has the pictures in it. 
(ignore the handle that comes later and this was me playing with the idea!)
Next glue the box flaps here
and here on both sides. 
Next grab your cutter and measure how big your squares are and cut your scrapbook paper accordingly.
Grab your Mod Podge and a foam brush and get gluing!
I started with the bottom
 and worked my way around
 and up the interior of the "suitcase".
Then I started on the outside.
When I got to the top
I added some cute Valentine themed "stamps"
Next cut two slits for your ribbon handle
and Mod Podge to the interior.
Then add some velcro circles to the sides and the front so that you can close your suitcase.
Then grab your cutting tool ( I used my Cricut) and cut out banners and letters.
Then cut a slip in the side and slip your twine in with your banner.
Now your suitcase
 is ready to fill with Sweet Love Notes for your special little ones this Valentine's day!
Hope you LOVE this project as much as I do!
I am sharing with


One Artsy Mama
Blissful and Domestic

Paper Issues Blog Design
This post was featured on 

Love,
Pinkapotamus

9 comments:

  1. Amie, How funny...I purposely visited your blog last night to pin your GS post and now I find you at the Naptime Crafters link party! This is SERIOUSLY adorable! I am going to pin it because my daughter will TOTALLY love it! PLEASE come link it up at my Pin Me Party! I allow up to 3 links a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES...I am a ditz!! You already linked this!!! I'll make up for my oversight by shouting out your post on my FB page! 'Oy!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for re-using a cereal box! LOVE it! Super creative!! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this cute! My daughter loved this a lot. Thanks for sharing this pretty project, Amie! We will be featuring this today, by the way! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this week!

    Lelanie @ to-sew-with-love.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! So cute!
    You were featured at Artsy Corner, so come grab a button :)
    http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2013/01/artsy-corner-link-party-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute project....awesome upcycling! Thanks for linking up to Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete