Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Favor Box Christmas Advent

This post is brought to you by the letter "I" for Insomnia..
Pin It
cause I created my kids Advent Calendar while I SHOULD have been sleeping!
It started with this little favor box that I had in my stash.
I had exactly 24 of them leftover from last year that I had Mod Podged with a little scrapbook square. 
 
I was planning on using them for an advent last year.. but I got distracted!
I also had this BIG wood canvas which was for another project
that I painted in a snow scene.
While the paint dried I added scrapbook numbers 
to the tops of my boxes.
Then I hot glued them onto the wood canvas.
Next I added a BIG red bow to the top!
Now at this point the hubby put in his crafty opinion and thought I should add some decoration to the boxes on the inside cause it was just TOO plain.
So I painted some shapes and added Mod Podge sparkle dimensional magic.
Once dry I hot glued them to the inside of the boxes.
I also added some fun snowflakes.. I just love dimension!
Then I put it on display for the kids!
They can't WAIT for December 1st!
And when it's done.. 
I just have a pretty Christmas Tree painting!
I think sleep may be overrated.. especially when I can be making pretty things~
I am sharing with
The DIY Dreamer
A Bowl Full of Lemons
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

1 comment: