Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pinwheel Birthday Banner!

My friend Carolyn's little guy is turning 1!  I am soo excited.. so this weekend she is celebrating with a fabulous barnyard bash.. and of course I couldn't wait to help.  First off I helped with some super cute cupcake toppers.. (which I have been sworn to secrecy on.. so no sharing for me!)  So now I am doing the birthday banner!  And really what could be cuter on memorial day weekend than an American inspired pinwheel birthday banner? 
So here is Jake's!
And a tutorial in case you want to make one for your Memorial day celebration!
First start by cutting your scrapbook paper (preferably double sided) into 5" x 5" squares.  I used my cutting mat and a razor knife.
Next cut the corners of each square almost to the middle but not quite there.   I used my fancy edged scissors.
Then put some glue in the center of each square and fold one side of each corner into the center.
Last glue on your letters to spell your message. 

 Then punch holes in it and hang it
 up! 

Voila!  Your decoration is complete and adorable or completely adorable!

Love,
Pinkapotamus

1 comment: