Friday, November 2, 2012

October Overhauling - Upcycled Birth Announcement

Well, we survived Hurricane Sandy.. no power for 5 days!  But much better than some, we kept busy with projects and cleaning. 
So here is an Upcycled Birth Announcement Shadowbox Collage I made for my girlfriend from an upcycled puzzle box, her birth announcement card and supplies from my stash!
Want to make one? Umm yeah, you Do!  Soo fun, super easy and can be modified to fit your supplies
Ingredients
Shadow box
Photos
Scrapbook Paper
Mod Podge
Blocks
Paint
Chip board Letters
Wood numbers
Scrabble tiles
Craft Glue


Start by painting your shadowbox.
Next grab Your Mod Podge and glue your picture in place!
Then add all of your letters, tiles and numbers to make your name, 
statements,
 and add your birth announcement.
Mod Podge is AMAZING and glued all of my pieces including pictures, scrabble tiles and chipboard letters to the board!
Here are a few close ups of all the little pieces!
The boys
The date
The announcement
I just love it.. and I can't wait to give it to her.. but I will have to wait until there is a little more gas available in New Jersey!
Hope you all survived the Hurricane, keeping those most affected in my prayers!
Love,
Pinkapotamus

2 comments:

  1. Glad you survived and that you kept yourself busy using up your crafting stash. The shadow box turned out perfect. I am sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - what a brilliant job you did!

    ReplyDelete