Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Overhaul - Pottery Barn Knockoff

I love these...
Wooden Halloween Hanging Signs.
but I am NOT spending $19 on EACH one.. so I made my own from my stash!
Pin It
I started with these pieces of pallet that I was saving for a crafty rainy day.
I cut them so that they had a point.
Then I painted two of them black and one of them orange.
Once the paint dried then I drew the letters
and hand painted each individual sign by hand.
Spooky Lab
Pumpkin Toss
Haunted House
Then I found a handsome handy hubby to drill some holes for hanging.. sorry ladies, you'll have to find your own.. mine's taken!
Then I tied some twine on each for easy hanging.
Then I hung them on the porch
so they swing in the breeze
and welcome our 3 trick or treaters!
Viola!  
Handpainted Pottery Barn knockoffs for nothing instead of $60 for all three!  Yay for me!
I am sharing with



Love,
Pinkapotamus

11 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I like how you hung them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH You did an excellent job on those! I like them! What a fun long lasting deco DIY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did! I can't even tell the difference - and they look awesome on your porch! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented. Is there anything you can't paint? I love these knock offs. Watch out Pottery Barn...here comes Pink Hippo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE! You are so crafty, it makes me jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! And great job on the freehand lettering. I'm impressed!
    Thanks for linking up to The PinspirationProject :)

    http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-pinspiration-project-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha I love the hubby pic, because mine makes that same face when i try to take his pic for my blog stuff, hahahaha

    New Follow!

    <3 Bethany
    thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! They turned out beautifully :)

    Thank you for linking up to The Pinspiration Project. Hope to see you again this Tuesday with another Pinterest-inspired project :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!!! You were my pick for favorite on this week's The Pinspiration Project. Are you on Twitter? I'd love to follow you & tweet your project to my followers :)

    ReplyDelete