Saturday, October 20, 2012

October Overhauling - No Sew Fabric Banner

I have been working on decorations for my Bestie Carolyn's son's Christening for weeks!  
So here are the centerpieces!  
Pinwheel Topiaries!
Pin It
That match the Giant J's!
And of course, the Christening for my little buddy is tomorrow.. so in the meantime, I used some of the leftover fabric and some supplies that I ALWAYS have on hand to make this sweet Christening Banner:
Ingredients
Steam a Seam
Fabric
Paper (for templates)
Twine
Mini Clothespins
(optional) Fabric Pinwheels with buttons

I started by using my Handy Dandy Cricut to cut out two triangles One large and One smaller.   
Then the words "God Bless Jared"

Next I put my Steam a Seam on the fabric and cut my smaller triangles.
Then I cut my larger triangles.
Then I put the steam a seam on another color fabric and cut out my letters.
Next I ironed them together.
Once they were ironed together I strung them.
Then I glued some of my pinwheels to clothespins to put between the words.
Last I hung the banner across the twine with mini clothespins and added all of my leftover pinwheels with hot glue.
Now I am off to clean up the CRAFTERMATH and then to the fields for some soccer and football!
Happy Saturday!
I am sharing with
TCHQ Blog Hop

Love,
Pinkapotamus

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I've never heard of Steam a Seam...I want to give it a try now :o)
    Thanks for partying with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up this week!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose - have never heard of steam a seam either, but sounds awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh this is such a lovely thing to do, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pinwheel topiaries are delightful.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete