Friday, October 12, 2012

October Overhauling - Stashbusted Project #3

Today's project is made from my mass quantities of 
scrap fabric, dowels and ribbon!  
It's a Personalized Princess Wand 
Pin It
as part of a birthday gift for my littlest guy's friend.
Want to make one?  Of course you do, so here's how!

Ingredients
Wood Dowel
Fabric 
Felt
Interfacing
Ribbon
Button
Hot Glue
Start by ironing your interfacing between your two fabrics. 
Then cut out two stars, one in fabric and one in felt.
Leave a hole in the bottom big enough to fit a dowel and pin the edges together. 
Sew.. sew what..? sew your star!
Next wrap your dowel in two colors of ribbon.  Start by hot gluing the ribbon the top and twirling.  Then Hot glue the ribbon around the base. 
Add a button to the bottom for a cute finished look. 
Next glue some ribbon to the dowel and insert into the hole and hot glue closed. 
Then tie a sweet bow.
And of course, since I love personalized stuff.. 
I added a Big "G"
Perfect for a Princess!
I am sharing with 

Love,
Pinkapotamus

7 comments:

  1. Very cute and so simple. My little princesses would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a great project for kids to make themselves, too (with just a bit of supervision).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A princess wand from the stash! LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! I finally finished my room, now I am working on projects. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Unfortunately, I don't know any little girls whom I could make this for, my friends all have boys =( But I'm pinning it, who knows when the next wannabe princess comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! So I'm a little behind, but I did get to cleaning my craft room. I'll be posting the before and after pictures on Wednesday. Thanks for the motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - they look so cute! great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete