Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Overhauling - Stashbusted Project #1

Whooo Goes There?
Pin It
This cute little witchy  owl that's whoooo!
Huge does not even begin to describe how big my craft stash really is.. so I thought it would be fun to create a little Halloweeny project from only items that I had!
Ingredients
Wood fence
Paint Can Lid (no can)
wood letters
wood shapes
Paint
Mod Podge
Acrylic paint

I started by painting my fence
with two shades of grey.
Once the paint dried I scuffed it down with a sanding block.
Then I painted my letters purple
and covered them in sparkle Mod Podge.
Then I painted my sweet MDF owl and added wood shapes for the hat and eyes. 
Then I gave my fence a little jack o lantern
 the letters and a bat.
Last I glued the moon to the back of the fence
and a ribbon.
And of course then I had to display it somewhere fun!
What do you think.. wall 
or window?
Hope you enjoyed this stash busting exercise in 
I am sharing with 

Rhinestone BeagleKatie's Nesting SpotbuttonPhotobucket
Photobucket
Seven Alive
Love,
Pinkapotamus

10 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    I'm about to make my first October Overhaul post, sharing my messy shame!

    I've already made one project from my stash but I'll reveal it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute Amie! I hope to have a stash reveal later today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!! Window for sure so others can see it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I have been working, but I plan on organizing and making cute things this weekend! (with my hoarded stash of craft supplies!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! It's so cool how you put it all together!Great job on the owl too.. so cute :)

    I'd love it if you'd link this and any other Halloween posts you like to the Link Up and Spook On Halloween party...

    You can find it here if you're interested:
    http://thethriftinessmiss.blogspot.com/2012/10/link-up-and-spook-on-halloween-link.html#.UG5PP03BFrA

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really really really really love this! It's such a cute Halloween craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Amie!!!!! I need to Octoberhaul my room....it's very difficult to get in the door. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! I so need an Octoberhaul! AND you made an awesome halloween decoration out of it! Can it get any better?! Thank you so much for linking up to <a href="http://www.travisandjessicacox.com>Artsy Corner</a>! I'm looking forward to next weeks awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute!! You did a wonderful job! I love when I can use up my craft supplies to make something awesome! Thank you so much for linking up at Artsy Corner. I featured you this week! :)

    ReplyDelete