Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DIY Witches Hat

Let me just start this post by saying that on a regular basis I do NOT start thinking about decorating or creating for Halloween until October 1st.  
Pin It
I like to savor my holidays and seasons one at a time.. which means, Fall in September, Halloween in October, Thanksgiving in November and so on and so forth.. but this year
  I did what any crafty lady would do and I made myself a fancy, witchy hat.. 
that will be put AWAY until October 1st.. but in the meantime, here is how you can create your own!
Ingredients
Cardboard Cone
Cardboard Round 
Hot Glue Gun
Acrylic Paint 
Sparkle Mod Podge
Cobwebs
Tulle
Ribbon (Lace)
Start by glueing your cone to your cardboard.
Then paint your hat the color you desire.
Add some sparkle Mod Podge 
and Glittery bats your hat once it dries.
While the Mod Podge is still a bit tacky.. cover the hat with cobwebs!
Next add your ribbon around the bottom of the cone.
 I, of course, had to add my signature fabric flower with a custom ghost scrabble tile center.


Then create a little ruffle with your tulle and glue it to the underside of your Cardboard round.
Hope you found this post 
BEWITCHING!~
I am sharing with

 
Love,
Pinkapotamus

6 comments:

  1. wow!that's great! we have time until Halloween in Greece, until February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...bewitching. Yes, it is. I love it. It looks great...I mean, scary. Yes, it looks very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little ghostie made this project adorable...I mean bewitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome witch's hat! Love it.....must by sparkle Mod Podge now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl, such a cool hat!

    I'm starting on the Christmas decorations, so I wouldn't worry about doing a little Halloween prep now!If you start talking about Easter, then I'd worry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I just recently decorated one of those cones for Halloween but didn't think of making it into a hat. So smart!

    ReplyDelete