Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Enter if you DARE...wreath

Here's my creepy new wreath for Halloween.. 
Pin It
uggh I just GAVE Up.. the kids won.. we are decorating BEFORE the 1st!
Now this is a stashbusting inspiration project to all of you who are considering joining my October Overhauling!
This was made from ALL items in my stash.. 
Want to make one?  Here's how!
Ingredients
Wreath
Spray paint
Acrylic Paint
Scrapbook Paper
Wood (I used an old Pallet)
Vintage Lace
Creepy black cheese cloth
Fabric 
Spiders 
Crow
I started by spray painting my wreath 
BLACK of course!
Next I added my black spooky cheese cloth and hot glued my little crow on the top with a lacy ribbon to hang it.
Then onto the sign.. 
Start with wood and scrapbook paper.
Paint the edges. 
Then Mod Podge the scrapbook paper and the words "ENTER IF YOU DARE"
ohhh.. just gave myself the chills!
And of course add some lace tied to the creepy vintage key and a big SCARY spider.
Now for those of you who are NEW here.. I am a HUGE handmade flower gal.  I put them on everything!
So, I just HAD to add some beauty to the macabe..
Then I glued in my wood sign for real.. (love my glue gun!)
Added some spider webbing.
And hung it on the door!
Ohhhhh.... spoooky!
And for those of you who are interested,
 you can check out my
I am sharing with
Lil\'Luna
The Well Crafted Home
White Lights on Wednesdays
Dragonfly Designs

Love,
Pinkapotamus

11 comments:

  1. You are a genius! It's beautiful, but creepy, too! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I seriously would have never have thought to spray paint the wreath! I mean, I consider myself the Queen of spray paint and have never ever thought to do that! Love your spooky wreath. All of the perfect creepy elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that you made the project from stuff you already had! And I liked how you described your black cheesecloth as 'creepy' before it even was used in this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love this! I've been really wanting to make a Halloween wreath. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Thanks for stopping by our blog today! I am now happily following along with your lovely blog, as well. Have a great week!

    julee @ diylouisville.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest Halloween wreath ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an impressive stash :)

    I am not sure I would dare to enter...your wreath is scary. Perfect for Halloween, even if it is still only September.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been featured! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday Whatsits! http://www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/2012/10/wednesday-whatsits-28.html

    ReplyDelete