Friday, September 7, 2012

Here's Your Sign.. First Day!

Yesterday was the Mini Hippos first day of school.. I can't believe it.. I know own a 
and a 
and of course a 
Seriously.. this is just crazy.. my littlest hippo CANNOT be in KINDERGARTEN!  
Well anyway, I kept seeing all these super cute ideas for First day of school signs and decided that this year I just HAD to have some for my kids!  So after raiding my overly abundant stash.. I came up with these!
Pin It
Now even without a stash you could easily make them with a wood or even cardboard background, paper stencil and the cutter of your choice or even just a printed font.  
For these, I painted the bases and stencils.
  Next I used my Cricut to cut out my words.
Then I Mod Podged the heck out of it,
glued the stencil over the top and embellished them!
And of course, last I grabbed the kids and took FULL advantage of this wonderful photo op.  
Serious.
Silly
And of course Upside down!
Best first day of school pictures.. EVER... or atleast in 
Pink Hippo Land!

I also got behind the camera so you wouldn't see me cry.. anyone have some tissues?  
My babies are growing up WAAAAYYY to fast! 
I am sharing with these fun parties!


504 Main
Happy Go Lucky
KitchenFunBecoming Martha
Love,
Pinkapotamus

6 comments:

  1. These ARE awesome first day of school pictures! Will you do last day of school pictures? They could hold a framed version of one of the first day pics!!!! Here's a virtual tissue...
    Hugs!! They look like they had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! And the mini hippos are all too adorable for words, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower - hope to get a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab way to take first day photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe I love them! So adorable and such great memories too. Thanks so much for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders link party! Hope to see you back on Thursday Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Especially the silly one. How cute and clever! Thanks for sharing at our Weekend Wonders party. ;)

    ReplyDelete