Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bless Our Nest

I am having soo much fun with my vintage fabric and my garage saled embroidery hoops!  Today I made a super cute "Bless Our Nest" picture framed in my embroidery hoop.   This is something that I have not done since I was my daughter's age learning to sew and embroider with my Grandma.. brings back memories.. *sigh*.
So here is my "Bless Our Nest" picture.
I made it with 3 tan fabrics.  Cut out the shape of the nest and the center.  Then I sewed my twine onto the nest for a little dimension.  Then I sewed some lines across to make it look woven like a real nest.  Last I made my little pennants and wrote "Bless Our Nest" in marker and sewed it onto lighter twine.
Thanks for taking a stroll down memory lane with me!
I am sharing with
freckled laundry

Katie's Nesting Spot

Ruby Barr
Love,
Pinkapotamus

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - thanks for joining the Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Cute! Love the twine for dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I've never ever tried these, so thanks for the inspiration!

    Also thanks for linking it up to “Help a Momma Out Tuesdays” on our blog!! We appreciate it! :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday!

    {Jami}

    ReplyDelete