Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bless Our Nest

I am having soo much fun with my vintage fabric and my garage saled embroidery hoops!  Today I made a super cute "Bless Our Nest" picture framed in my embroidery hoop.   This is something that I have not done since I was my daughter's age learning to sew and embroider with my Grandma.. brings back memories.. *sigh*.
So here is my "Bless Our Nest" picture.
I made it with 3 tan fabrics.  Cut out the shape of the nest and the center.  Then I sewed my twine onto the nest for a little dimension.  Then I sewed some lines across to make it look woven like a real nest.  Last I made my little pennants and wrote "Bless Our Nest" in marker and sewed it onto lighter twine.
Thanks for taking a stroll down memory lane with me!
I am sharing with
freckled laundry

Katie's Nesting Spot

Ruby Barr
Love,
Pinkapotamus

5 comments:

  1. Cute Cute! Love the twine for dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I've never ever tried these, so thanks for the inspiration!

    Also thanks for linking it up to “Help a Momma Out Tuesdays” on our blog!! We appreciate it! :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Thanks for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday!

    {Jami}

    ReplyDelete