Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Upcycled Family Sign

As I have mentioned before I have decided that my bedroom needs some decoration!  So this morning I worked on a Family sign for one of our very bare naked walls.  Here is what I came up with.
I started with this old picture from our first apartment that just isn't our style anymore.
  I popped out the picture and recovered the mat board with some tan fabric.
Then I cut our a panel of brown fabric from on old dress I had. 
 Then I cut a branch from the fabric.
I glued the branch onto the tan fabric.
Then I painted wood letters and shapes cream and brown to give it that shabby chic style.
Then I Mod Podged pictures of our family to the wood shapes.  I also gave the frame a quick coat of cream paint. 
Then I popped the mat board into the frame
 and glued the words and shapes onto the glass.
Voila! 
Super cute and total cost of $0!
I am sharing with


Photobucket






Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. such a cute idea! I also wanted to tell you that I'm having a giveaway on my blog, so feel free to come by and check it out :)

    http://runningwithagluegun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete