Thursday, March 3, 2011

Countdown to Spring

Today I need to start with a big shout out to Katie at
Katie's Nesting Spot
for featuring my Clothesline Name Sign!
And to Christina @





for showcasing my Peter Pan mirror!



Here in NJ we are still semi surrounded by big brown piles of old dirty snow.  I can't WAIT for spring.. for two reasons..
1. I love the warmer weather and
2.  The first day of spring is my BIRTHDAY!
 I was super inspired by this Christmas Advent Calendar on Pottery Barn. 
Bucket & Branch Advent Calender

So... I decided to make my own Spring Advent Calendar!

So here is a quck tutorial to make one of your own!
I started with a bucket of buckets that I purchased from Michael's.. they can be found in the wedding or baby shower department as they are favor buckets.  (Don't forget your 50% coupon so it's only $10 instead of $20!)
Next I used an old paper bag and Cricut to cut circles for the letters and shapes to be glued on.
Next I cut all of my letters out of spring colored scrapbook paper and used my Martha Stewart craft punches to make some fun spring shapes!
Then I grabbed my Mod Podge and got busy Mod Podging the numbers and shapes to my circles and then onto the buckets.

Next I tied each bucket with ribbon to my giant sticks that I found with my boys on a walk yesterday!
Once they were all tied then I used some twine to tie them all together.
And Voila! 

My own spring countdown advent calendar!  Hooray .. only 17 days til my birthday and the first day of spring!  I can't WAIT!
I am sharing with
Catch a Glimpse Button
Katie's Nesting Spot



Paper Issues Blog Design





 
 

Love,
Pinkapotamus

11 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Did you fill them with anything? How fun would it be to plant a seed each day of the countdown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love them! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable! I'm counting down to spring right along with you! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brown paper bag idea! I'm gonna use that idea (sometime)! Cute craft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it for spring so much better than for Christmas...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! what a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I adore that count down to spring. Such a fantastic springy display. Thanks so much for linking up @ Paper Issues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love countdowns, what a fun and pretty one!

    ReplyDelete