Friday, March 18, 2011

Raspberry Oat Pecan Crumble.. oh Yumble!

It has been a little over a week since my surgery.. and I am finally regaining my lost sense of smell.  I swear it has been YEARS since I have smelled much of anything.. which does come in handy csometimes..like when the dirty diapers come out or there is yucky garbage in the house.. But this is such an exciting moment for me.. so of course I had give my sniffer a test with some homemade yumminess! 
So here is my Raspberry Oat Pecan Crumble!

Ingredients
1 1/2 sticks softened butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup raspberry preserves

In your mixer cream butter and sugar. 
Then add vanillla. 
In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, pecans and salt. 

Add dry ingredients to wet and mix. 

 Grease a small pan. 

Press 1/2 of your mixture into the bottom of the pan firmly. 

 Scoop in the preserves and spread over the top of the mixture. 

Crumble the rest of the top over the preserves. 


Then bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees until gold and bubbly!
My favorite part was being able to smell the buttery goodness and taste the sweetness of the raspberry.  Hope you enjoy!
Oh and by the way.. if you actually wait until your crumble cools it will cut into bars!  We are just totally impatient and can't wait!
I am sharing with

Love,
Pinkapotamus

No comments:

Post a Comment