Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Guest Post: Steph Smith Southern Fairy

Hi all I'm steph and I'm guest posting here today at Pinkapotamus for Amie while she's recovering from her surgery...
I thought I'd share the tutorial for the love sign I made for Valentines day, it can be changed for any other four letter word as well...
You'll need:
  • 2 contrasting colours of paint
  • 4 papier mache letters
  • superstrength glue
  • lollysticks
  • paintbrush
1. Take the second and third letters of your word and paint them the same colour.
2. Take the first and last letters and paint them the other colour you chose.
3. Leave them to dry.
4.Once the letters are dry flip them over.
5.Cut small pieces of the lollysticks, paste one side with glue and stick them over the joints of the L and V. (You can also add a little glue to the top flats of the V for extra security)
6. Repeat the lollystick glueing process with the other letters and join the L+V to the O+E.
7. Now the boring bit, let the glue fully set.
8. Paint the backs of the letters to cover the lollysticks and any excess glue.
9. Leave to dry once more.
And that's it all done and ready to decorate with!
Thanks for having me Amie and I hope you're feeling better soon!


hope ur feeling better xx


I'd rather be flying.....

1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower but would like to say Get Well Soon!!

    ReplyDelete