Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Spring Stash Busted Project

Spring has sprung which means that it is time for a new wreath!  Yay! 
But really my wreath is an old wreath that is being upcycled for the 2nd time with items from my stash!  So here is a peak at some of the stash that was used.
Ribbon, buttons, burlap and of course wood letters and paint!
Now onto the wreath!

Sorry for some reason in the picture the S is hard to see!

And here is how I made it.  First let's start with its humble beginnings as a St. Patty's day wreath from last month.
First I took it all apart and started from scratch.  Then I wrapped the entire wreath in my creamy colored burlap.
Next I cut some triangles to make a pennant across the wreath.
Then I painted the triangles all diffferent springy colors.
I added it to the wreath with yellow ribbon and mini clothes pins and added some springy ribbons scraps between the pennants.
Next I added ribbon rosettes and colorful buttons.
Last I added a ribbon loop for hanging and a pretty bow!

And voila.. upcycled and stash busted.. whoo hoo!

I am sharing with




 
 



Photobucket
freckled laundry

Love,
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. Love the little pennant across the middle!

    I found you on BlogFarm!

    Kristen @ craftingwithtrainingwheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike. I just posted on 3 wreaths today for Spring. Check it out if you like and enter my new give away if you have not done so yet.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-wreaths-rain-snow-or-shine-its.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, love the colours! I'm also reusing the same wreath every time I want a change, saves about £5 every time!

    ReplyDelete