Thursday, January 6, 2011

Upcycled Organizers

Yesterday I posted all about the new found cleanliness of my computer area.. Mr. Pinkapotamus was THRILLED to say the very least!  Now he can actually find all of his things that he needs for the day without having to search!  Hip Hip Hooray!  I also showed a picture of the organizers that I was using.. here is a pic to jog your memory!
BORING!  Right?
Not to mention the fact that they DON'T match the kitchen.  So here is what I did to take them from kitchen crappy to kitchen HAPPY!

From this ..

To this.. but it was too plain.. sooo I added a little more!

And then to complete the look and add that girly element..

Ta-DA!
And then the crappy coffee can pencil holder became this!

And then this!
So here is the completed set!

Fancy, right?  Not to mention neat and organized.
The whole project cost me.. nothing, nada, zero, zilch!  I either had the items on hand or they were given to me.  Hooray! 
Hope you have a wonderful day!
I am sharing with
Catch a Glimpse Button
Katie's Nesting Spot








Paper Issues Blog Design


And to The First Ever Crafty Party @ http://www.soyouthinkyourecrafty.com/
 



Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

  1. oh I love it!!!! Seriously,, love.
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute! Great job getting organized! I love black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Momma's Kinda Crafty and I love your ideas for organization. I can't wait to go through some of your older posts to get more ideas. I'm now following you and love if you'd follow me back at:

    http://norwegianphoenix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job. Love it!

    Following your lovely blog and inviting you to add this at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge - a mommy blogger directory and more, where you can also meet more mom bloggers like you and get connected with them by visiting your profile after registration.

    You can also add there your giveaways and business links; get featured by sharing your crafts, recipes and interesting musings.

    Following us back is deeply appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

    http://olahmomma.com -- blogging and connecting blogging moms.
    {all moms welcome}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Those are so much better than before! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did to your bill organizer! It's so cute! Good job on all your organizing, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute and great for being organized!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!
    Stef
    itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. soooo cute! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint and some pretty patterns can do! This looks fabuous =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!! That looks great..
    Thanks for linking it up to my Organizing Mission Monday link party!!
    Stop back again. I'd love to see more. Leaving the link since I'm not on blogger anymore & I can't get a directly link from there.
    http://www.organizewithsandy.com/2011/01/10/organizing-mission-monday-link-party-week-4/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the makeover. What a difference. The black and white look great.

    ReplyDelete