Thursday, January 13, 2011

Everything Your Garden Grows Chili

I am a Reformed Vegetarian!  Yes.. it's true.. I was a vegetarian for 5 years.. until I got pregnant with my daughter.  She made me crave everything animal starting with BACON!  So now.. even though I love to eat MEAT I also love everything VEGETABLE!  So here is my super yummy "Everything Your Garden Grows Chili" that is the best of BOTH worlds.. seriously!

Ingredients
1 red onion
1 package mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 zucchini
2 tbls canola oil
2 lbs chop meat
2 15.5oz cans beans (kidney & black)
seasoning of your choice (chili powder, cumin, adobo)
salt and pepper

In a large pan saute your meat until brown.  Season with salt, pepper and adobo.  When the meat is cooked set aside.  Heat oil in saute pan. 
 While the pan is heating up chop all of your veggies. 
Saute your onion until lightly browned then add mushroom. 

Season with salt and pepper and adobo. 

Then saute pepper and zucchini. 

Add the meat back into the pan along with the beans.
Now add in your spices.. chili powder, cumin, adobo and hot sauce to taste.  I used a special fajita seasoning that my brother sends me from CA in place of the chili powder and cumin.  Don't forget the hot sauce! 
Mix it up.. be daring.. it's chili.. you really can't mess it up!
Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for atleast 1/2 hour. 


Then serve it up with some sour cream, shredded cheese and chips!
Yum-O!
Don't you just love the way it looks?  Just like eating a rainbow! 
Bon Appetit!

I am sharing with



Love,
Pinkapotamus

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: