Thursday, January 20, 2011

X's and O's Wreath

A couple days ago I realized something.. my FALL wreath was STILL hanging up in the living room!  Ohh no.. my decor at the moment is a seriously upleasant mix of fall, winter and V-Day.. What the HECK?  I think it's time for a change.. or atleast some continutity.. so on to V-day I GO! 

And now I present to you.. (dadadadum) my Valentine's day wreath:

and of course a tutorial on how to make one!  Yeah!

Ingredients
12" floral wreath
wood hearts in several sizes and widths
wood x's and o's
pretty paper
acrylic paint
craft glue
Mod Podge (a crafting essential!)
ribbon

Start by painting your wreath

Then paint the sides and edges of hearts
and all of the letters
Then trace the hearts and cut them out.
Then Mod Podge them and glue the letters on the large hearts

Next arrange all of your hearts on the wreath to set up your pattern

Then glue a large bow to the top of the wreath

Then glue all of the hearts around the wreath


When all the hearts are arranged make some ribbon bows

and attach them to the wreath
Then HANG IT UP!

I am sharing with

 
Fantabulous Friday!


 

Katie's Nesting Spot
Catch a Glimpse Button
Making
X's and O's
Pinkapotamus



Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! There's so many fun little accessories you can use to dress up a wreath for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little bows, such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I love the hearts....of course...perfect for V-day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute wreath:-) hey, I just wanted to let you know that I finally got my 15 facts post done:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Perfect for Valentine's Day. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea!!! I love something easy and cute to do:) Btw, your blog header is Adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice wreath. I made some heart pillow for the door a few years ago but I can't find it. Duh. Love the wreath. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! Great paper paperts to choose.

    ReplyDelete