Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Upcycled Snowmen

I have a confession to make...  I am addicted to bottled seltzer.  There I've said it.  I can't help it.  I love water but I drink so much of it that sometimes I just need something different and since I don't like the taste of soda; diet or otherwise seltzer with lemon is IT!  My biggest issue with my seltzer habit is the amount of bottles that I leave behind.. and of course they are plastic.   So the kids and I rescued a few of  them by turning them into happy snowmen and women to go with our winter decorating theme! 
Here's how you can make some with your little guys too!

Start with your empty bottles minus the label
Then give them a base coat of white paint.
Once they are dry make some textured paint.  I refuse to buy it at the craft store so I make my own using kosher salt and white paint.  Saves about $6. 
Paint the bottles again.

After this I sparkle them.. what's a snowman without a little glitter?
.. just a pile of snow!
While the bottles dry get all of your snowman accessories together.
We used pom poms, felt for scarves, gloves and ribbon for hats, wood shapes for noses and of course buttons.
Then build your snowman (or woman)!

Look how proud my guys are of their snowmen!

I think Will made a friend!
And by the way.. it is freaking cold here in NJ (okay maybe I'm exaggerating a bit) and we still have snow and I HATE the cold weather.  I go out in it because the kids love it.. but indoor snowmen are soo much more fun to make.. no lost digits to hypothermia!
Hope you have fun building a snowman indoors where it's warm!
P.S.  Don't forget to enter my giveaway with a comment.. entries are LOW!  You can enter here: http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-day-giveaway.html

I am sharing with
Photobucket






Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I gave you the Stylish Blogger Award. Don't feel forced to participate, but if you want to, you can find it here: http://bit.ly/exMbUc

    ReplyDelete