Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rockin Roast!

Oh my Tummy LOVED this dinner! 

Sundays are usually our family day together.  We have either my parents or my inlaws over basically every weekend.  This means lots of cooking.  So this Sunday I made my very first roast.. I wasn't scared.. I just dove right in.  Now Mr. Pinkapotamus said that I did it wrong as I was making it.. but then he SHUT right UP when he tasted it!  So here's how you make this little dish of yumminess!

Ingredients
1 Roast
2 yellow onions
5-8 potatoes
lots of yummy carrots
Kosher salt
Pepper
Rosemary

Start with your roasting pan... I used my pretty corningware white one.  Cut up two onions and the potatoes depending on how many people you are feeding and toss in some carrots for taste and color!  Season with kosher salt, pepper and rosemary!

Then in a pan heat 2 TBLS butter and 1 TBLS canola oil. While the pan is heating I always trim the fat.. off the roast.  When the pan is hot, brown the roast on all sides which sears the edges and locks in all the juice. 

Season well with kosher salt and pepper.  I also sprinkled it with dried rosemary.  Fresh would have been better.. but alas I was OUT!
Once the the roast is browned move it to the roasting pan on top of the vegetables. 

Take the sauce that is in the pan and deglaze with 1 cup red wine. 

Then pour this over the top of the roast and bake in a 350 degree oven until it reaches the desired temperature of 160 degrees!
Here is how it looked out of the oven!

So what are you still doing here?  Go to the store buy a roast and get roasting!

I am sharing with






Blog Button



Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amie! I am visiting you from feed me tweet me follow me home friday! So glad you linked up! I am now following you on blogger and google. I just made my first roast the other day and boy did it come out good. It was a pork roast and my next challenge is a good old roast beef! You should stop by a Moderate Life on tuesdays for the hearth and soul recipe hop. I think you would fit right in and meet tons of lovely foodies! All the best! Alex

    ReplyDelete