Monday, October 11, 2010

Toilet Paper Pumpkins!

Friday was my first Brownie meeting of the season!  (Phew, I made it!)  I have 14 third grade girls so I have to have projects that ALL the girls can make.  Sometimes this can be a challenge.  I have been seeing toilet paper pumpkins everywhere and thought that this would be FUN.  Also with Girl Scouts.. everything is on a budget.. so I have to find activities that are inexpensive. 

  I luckily (or unluckily) enough had a whole package of scratchy toilet paper from BJ's that we didn't like so we donated it to the crafting cause.  Then I went to visit my dear friend Joann and picked up 4 yards of orange burlap since it was on sale.  Then I also bought a package of raffia.  Total cost $8.  Whoo hoo!
First I cut the burlap into 16" x 16" squares on the cutting mat.  The I cut the raffia into bundles and packaged each one in a baggie (which I reuse for each meeting.. use resources wisely). with a piece of an old toilet paper roll

Place the toilet paper roll in the center of the burlap and tuck it inside starting with the corners. 

So easy my 3 year old made one too!
Then glue around the folded toilet paper roll and stuff it in the hole.  Then tie with a raffia bow. 


For the girls, I also gave them black felt to make jack o lantern faces.  It was soo much fun to see how different each one was!  For mine.. I used some old silk sunflowers!  Here are mine and my daughter's!
These were super easy, inexpensive and cute!  Hope you try them with your little ones!
Love,
Pinkapotamus

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I received my first blogger award, and that I've passed it onto you 'cause I find your blog so creative. I really like your etsy shop too. You may view the award and rules here at:http://littlebirdseeds.blogspot.com/p/my-firt-blogger-award.html
    Tana Cox
    chillbabie at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete