Sunday, November 20, 2011

Upcycled Lampshade Mobile

I have a problem.  It is this sad little girl...
who comes home from school and finds mobiles hanging in her room that are NOT for her!  So I figured that it was about time to rectify this problem with a fun mobile just for my girl!
First I started with this lampshade that had been sitting in the basement collecting mold..
yuck!
Then I found a friend to help me tear it to shreds..
This guy is always a willing participant!
Next I cut fabric into strips.

Then I wrapped the lampshade skeleton with the fabric and ribbon.
Here is the wrapped lampshade.
Then I hand cut and punched scrapbook butterflies.
Last I glued it all together with nylon thread and tulle.
Now I have a happy girl
and a happy lampshade!
Oh.. okay.. one more shot!
P.S.  I made it to November's votation finals @




with my little Halloween House!
  Yay!
I am sharing with




BWS tips button

Everything Under the Moon
Love,
Pinkapotamus



Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. I Love this. Would have never thought to use a lampshade. Hope you get a chance to stop by and link up to MMM.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have another giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this turned out so cool I love the fabric wrapped around the metal that really adds! I'd love if you would add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-i-wore-wednesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I found you through The Girl Creative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete