Friday, December 16, 2011

Believe Sign

For Christmas I TRY to make handmade gifts for my family.  Sometimes this is HARD.  It is hard to come up with something different every year and it is hard to find the TIME to make the gifts.  Here is my first handmade gift for this year.. a Believe sign for my Mommy.. so Mom if you are reading this.. step away from your computer.. NOW!
Ok .. if you are NOT my Mom.. here it is!
Want to make one?  It was super easy and fun!
Here is what you need:
Scrapbooking Stickers
Acrylic paint
Glue
Wood Letters
A few side notes on this project:
I was lucky enough to score my letters at the dollar store so total cost $7.. you can get them at Michaels.. but they are $3 per letter.
The scrapbook stickers are from a card making kit.  The cool thing about using them is that they were on sale for $6 and I only used less than 1 sheet of stickers for the project.  I have enough leftover to make a second sign, some cards and maybe some other cool stuff!
Now onto the tutorial!
Start by painting the letters.
Mine are red on the bottom and white on top.  Cute shoes too!
Next add your stickers.. I glued mine down for longevity!
Once I had them.. I wasn't sure how to display them.. so I went to the basement and found some leftover wood.
I cut it to the right size and then painted it blue with a little white distressing.
Last I mounted the letters to the wood and added a little glitter.. cause a girl can never have too much sparkle in her life!
Here's some close up shots so you can see all the little details!
Hope my Mommy Loves it!
Oh.. yeah and if you couldn't tell by the pictures.. this thing is HUGE.. probably 2 feet across!
I am sharing with



Paper Issues Blog Design
Making

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Sumo's Sweet Stuff



Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Love your sign! Absolutely beautiful and festive! I'd love for you to link up to my Feature Friday Linky Party

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-friday-linky-party_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the sign! Your mother is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks fabulous! I love all the cute embellishments you put on each letter. Awesome! Thanks so much for linking up at Friday Frolic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's so pretty Amie! I am sure your mom loved it. We loved it so much too we are featuring it on the blog today. Will be sharing on facebook, twitter and pinterest as well!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's time to vote for TSWL's Finest of December 2011! Votation is open until January 6. The winner will have then qualify to the TSWL's Finest of 2011 competition where the winner could win lots of prizes!

    Invite your followers and friends to vote for you!
    http://www.to-sew-with-love.com/2012/01/vote-for-tswls-finest-of-december-2011.html

    Happy New Year!


    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete