Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Advent Window

One of my favorite things to play with in my home decor is my salvaged window.
Now I have changed it again to be a fun advent calendar for my kids this Christmas season!
So here is what it looked like when I started!
I used my Cricut to cut circles and numbers up to 25.
Then I added an ornament top and hung them from mini clothespins across a line.
Then I made a storage can for the numbers that get taken off each day.
Last I added the words "Santa Claus is coming to town" and some decorations around the border.
And here it is on my shoe organizer (since I don't have a mudroom or storage) as part of my Christmas decor!
This window has been used as many different things in my house starting with a Valentines decoration
 and following me througth the year as a celebration of my hubby for Father's day
and as a spooky scene for Halloween.
So glad it made it to Christmas too!
I am sharing with









Photobucket
Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I just posted my salvaged widow frame on my blog. I love them and so many things you can do with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to drag a frame down from the loft! Yours looks great, love seeing all the different ways you have used it throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete