Thursday, December 8, 2011

Waterless Photo Snow Globe

Michaels had this great waterless snow globe on their site and while I was there yesterday I tried to pick up some of the snowglobes.. but wah wah wahhhhh.. they were of course sold out!
But it did get my little brain a thinking that I could probably make my own.. so here is what I came up with!
It all started with this little old olive jar that I was saving for some unknown project.
So if you want to make your own .. here is your tutorial!
Materials
Clear jar
plastic beads
wood
pictures
glue
paint
snowflakes
glitter ribbon
scrapbook paper
styrofoam ball
I started by cutting my ball in half so that it had a flat surface and cut a slice in the middle so that it would hold the wood piece.
Then I glued a piece of scrapbook paper to the bottom of my jar lid.
Next I painted the ouside edges of my wood.
Then I glued scrapbook paper and my picutre on the wood. 
And of course I glittered all around the picture.
Then I added some snowflake embellishments.
Oh and did I mention that I made it double sided?
I filled the jar with the crystal beads and somemore snowflakes and then I placed the lid on top. 
Flip and enjoy!
And then turn it around.. and enjoy it some more!
This was a great project,.. easy, fun and of course it was made with stuff I already had.. so technically FREE!
And p.s. I like mine better than the Michaels' version .. 'cause it's BIGGER!
I am sharing with
button
Rhinestone Beagle

NightOwlCrafting

Beyond The Picket Fence



Photobucket

Katie's Nesting Spot
Love,
Pinkapotamus

1 comment:

  1. Very clever! I like the waterless version especially because we have two kitties who like to examine all our decorations...very up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete