Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day Topiary

Mr. Pinkapotamus is A-mazing!  But he is not a golf playing tie wearing kinda man... so therefore all of the traditional Father's Day decor does not fit his personality.  So for him I decided to go non traditional and make some things that represent him.. TOOLS!  Since he is a DIY, car fixing, motorcycle building, let's go fishing or hiking kinda Dad.
So here is my Father's Day Topiary to match his window!
So if you have a Dad or Hubby with the same interests here is how you can make one!

Ingredients
Ceramic Pot
Scrapbook Paper
Small wood dowels
Styrofoam
Twine
Nails and Screws

I started by making a template of the tools I wanted in the topiary.
Next I cut out the tools on the scrapbook paper and taped them together.

So they looked like this.

Then I taped them to wood skewers and put them into the styrofoam in the pot.

Last I used my Cricut to cut out the word DAD and hung it on the twine and tied it to the back.

Last I added all different types of nails and screws that we had in the basement to give it a finished look!

Then I placed it on the mantle next to our DAD picture window.

Hope you have fun ways to celebrate Dads tomorrow too!
I am sharing with

Photobucket



Love,
Pinkapotamus

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute, Amie Ann. Your Mr. Fix is one lucky guy. I hope your race went well and you had a wonderful day celebrating with all the special fathers in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, like your new header on your blog too! Thanks for linking at bacon time. Can't wait to see what you share this week.

    ReplyDelete