Monday, June 20, 2011

Librarian Gift

In my small town in NJ, we are very fortunate to have the Most Amazing Librarians!  They are truly wonderful women who are encouraging and exciting in the shared passion for books and reading!  This year our school librarian is retiring which makes me sad for my kids but happy for her. 
I thought that it would be fun to give her a special gift to say "Thanks".  So here is the plaque that I made for her.
And here is how I made it.
Ingredients
wood plaque
scrapbook paper
old book
butterfly cutters
Mod Podge
craft glue
paint
Start by painting the outside edges of the plaque.
 Next Mod Podge strips of the book pages.


When dry hit it with a bit of paint to give it an aged look.
Then cut out the words "You make the words fly off the pages and Mod Podge.
Then make a book out of the bottom edges of the by gluing paper to the bottom and folding in half.
butterflies in scrapbook paper and book pages.
Glue them around the words.
Ta-DA!
Hope she know that she will be missed and that this is just a small token of our affection for her and her years of service!
I am sharing with






Sumo's Sweet Stuff



Running with Glitter
Love,
Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment