Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Lucky" It's Spring Wreath

As I may have mentioned .. I am just loving upcycling my stuff this month in honor of Earth Day!  So here is another upcycled project.. 
my "Lucky" It's Spring Wreath~
Pin It
Now, I call it my "lucky" wreath because I made it from THIS
To make it I started by cutting off the lucky banner. and leaving the flowers and ribbon intact.
Next I grabbed some fabric that had butterflies on it and cut out a whole bunch of 'em.
Then I stuck them to some doubled sided steam a seam with yellow fabric on the back.
Then I ironed them together. 
Cut them all out.. again.
Then I hot glued each butterfly onto the wreath
until it looked happy and springy.
And viola a completely revamped spring themed wreath!
I know it's late to start decorating for spring.. but hey, I have until June 21st to get it done!
I am sharing with
Gingerly Made
Katie's Nesting Spot button 

Love,
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    Deborah
    threedawgladydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet--perfect for spring! I popped over from Domestic Superhero--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lucky wreath! Cute!!!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-27_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute spring wreath! I love it! Thanks for sharing this at my link party! Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete