Monday, February 21, 2011

Pink Hippo Party # 17

This weekend was super crazy busy!  I hosted a "surprise" 65th birthday party for my mother in law.. so there was lots of shopping, cooking, baking and cleaning!  Here is a quick peek at her birthday cake..

Some 4 year old who shall remain nameless decided to take a quick taste of the orange frosting!
Oh well.. it's a good thing he's cute! Stop by later this week for the recipe for my carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut!
Oh yeah and since I love handmade.. this is the present that I got her!
Victoriana Locket Ring - Free Shipping
So enough about me.. now it's on to you guys.. here are my features from last week's party!
First up is this amazingly adorable dress album by Maria @ http://bubblegumandducttape.blogspot.com/
She has a hysterical story and tutorial to share on this one!

Next up is this super yummy looking vegetarian chili by Heather @ http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/
 Oh I am such a sucker for chili um anything Mexican so she had me at Rotel!

Last but certainly not least is this awesome necklace made from scraps and leftover beads
from

Ladies grab your featured button and let's get this party started.. but first a message from your hostess on the rules!
1. Grab a party button
2. Link back to this party
3. Link to your specific post and not your home page
4. Become a follower (cause it's just nice)
5. Don't forget some love to your fellow crafters.. everyone loves a compliment!



Love,
Pinkapotamus

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by "In His Grip" and giving me a little comment love:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite to your linky party! I am your newest follower, and hope you come back and follow my blog! Looking forward to seeing what's new on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm linking another project. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cute bird cake...smudged frosting or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cake:-) I would love to visit Hawaii too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, I'm so glad you liked my mini album. I love all the other projects on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for a place to showcase our projects. I love your blog and get so many ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to link up to your fun party, thanks bunches for hosting. :) When are you going to link up your fun Etsy shop to The Homespun Slate @ The Tattered Tag? I would love to feature you one week.

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. I added my vintage tray magnetic board! I'm looking forward to exploring your blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for the invite and sweet comment on my candle holders. i have a party too, it starts tuesday night and goes through thursday if you like to join! thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for inviting me to the party - and thanks for visiting me over at Reasons To Skip The Housework!

    Smiles,
    Melanie

    http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com
    skipthehousework@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for inviting me to your party! Such a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, how adorable is that cake? great job on that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the invite to your fun party!! :)

    ReplyDelete